Thursday, September 22, 2005

Wednesday Timeline

5:30 am: Woke up early with Tara, had a few early morning cuddles, then moved cars with my drunk roomate who had JUST gotten home from the bar (and was still in her work clothes) so that Tara could leave for work.

6:00 am: Attempted to get back to sleep but ended up just laying in bed for two hours.

8:00 am: Showered

9:00 am: Jumped in the Cabby, and drove to work

10:00 am: Work begins

5:08 pm: Get a text from Erin telling me to come over for drinks.
Text her back saying "OKAY!"

6:30 pm: Close up the store, begin my drive to Milwaukee.

7:30 pm: Arrive home, change quickly.

7:45 pm: Bought flowers at Jewel for Erin

8:00 pm: Arrive at Erin's. We sat outside for about 3 1/2 hours talking about life and drinking wine. She's starting a book club which I'm SUPER excited about.

12:00 am: Leave Erin's

12:05 am: Arrive at home thrilled to see that, for the first time since we moved in together, Nicky was in bed BEFORE me!

12:10 am: Make some early morning food and crawl into bed excited to pass out and sleep.

2:30 am: The first of the obnoxious hour smoke breaks begins. Right outside my window. Two boys, one girl (mind you the girl was NOT Nicky), laughing and talking, and blowing their smoke into my bedroom window. Completely oblivious to the fact that a.) The person they were obviously there to see was NOT out there with them, yet they still took it upon their liberties to utilize our front porch for their social hour and b.) THAT THERE WAS SOMEONE SLEEPING IN THE BEDROOM RIGHT OFF OF THE FRONT PORCH!!!!!!!

3:00 am: .....smoking....

3:30 am: .... still smoking....

4:00 AM: ...STILL F'N SMOKING... At my last straw I got up to say something but as soon as I did they decided it was time to finally call it a night and go to bed (wherever that may be).

I'm not sure how much more I can deal with it. I'm a VERY easy going person, it really takes a lot to bring to my brink. Disrespect however, will DEFINITLEY do that. Sitting out on the porch, smoking, socializing, and drinking is fine at a reasonable hour. Even 1:00 in the morning I'm willing to overlook it. But to have the audacity, to be THAT loud, at THAT hour, when people are trying to SLEEP!!!!! It's beyond me that people can act like that...EVERY FUCKING NIGHT!!!

You want to stay up all night and drink that's fine, do what you do. But please respect the others in the house who's lives do NOT revolve around alcohol and who actually need to get a decent night's sleep to get up in the morning.

Needless to say I'm crabby again this morning because two out of the three nights that I have actually slept at my apartment, I have been kept up until absurd hours of the morning because my front porch has become "The Warren Street Pub". It's Nicky's house too though, and she has a right to do what she does, when she wants, and bring over whomever she chooses. I really don't mind.

I guess I just have to start sleeping with my window closed =(

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ohhhhh, Christi, you make me laugh. I saw that you had commented on my blog and thought, hmmmm, I wonder what she's commenting about. That I look good in orange. haha well, thank you! I have NO clothes. You can't imagine the crisis I face EVERY day when I go places. This morning was no different. Just shoot me. I just need to charge up the credit card and get a new wardrobe. I'm not kidding.

So anyway, it was SO NICE to hang out the other night and talk. And thank you so much for the flowers - you are the sweetest! They look absolutely beautiful sitting here next to me!

Make sure to get the Sunday paper and read that article, ok?

Happy Friday! Bye!

Mark said...

Haha Christi, that sucks. Sorry to hear about your dilemma. Fortunately I'm on the third floor of my apartment building and do not have a porch outside my window. I do, however, have Prospect Avenue and a 30 bus stop! Not the same, I know.. sorry. :) Hopefully the party-every-night jazz 'll cool off soon. Afterall, cold weather is just around the corner! Yay!