Thursday, January 05, 2006

My 2006 ... so far

I rang in the New Year in Green Bay this year. Actually, it was for the second year in a row. It was fun...nothing spectacular. The same old crowd, the same old scene...just the same old. Drama arose as is per-usual which put a damper on a lot of things, and my phone got stollen which is always a plus (especially when you had a $400 phone), but other than that the evening was nice.

Tara and I hung around on the first being hung-over, watching movies, and pigging out on everything in sight. I practiced my dance routine a little bit (I'm doing a dance performance for Karnitz and Marissa's Humane Society Benefit), and then watched as Karnitz, Tara, and Katie practiced their routine as well. Ahhh those girls crack me up.

The following Monday I had off from work and took full advantage of doing absolutley nothing! It was great! Then, to top off the evening, Tara made me my favorite meal on the planet...her magnificent Chicken 'n Dumpling soup. Mmmm Mmmm Good. I think that Monday topped the weekend for sure!! =)

Tuesday it was back to work and it has been CRAZY busy here at the store for the last few days. As we knew they would, all the brides waited until after the holidays to make any wedding decisions and they're coming in in full force this week!! It couldn't come at a worse time as I have so many things to prepare for in the coming weeks, and my grandpa died last night so my mom can't be here, meaning I have to man the store by myself. Somehow between all the people and all the phone calls I'm managing to slip some of my other work in between here and there so it's working out so far. I have been progressively getting sicker as the days wear on (I think it has something to do with the fact that I gave up caffeine on the 1st) so I'm not exactly on my A-Game today. Uh what I wouldn't give for a big bottle of diet coke right now!!!

And I guess that's it. I'd write some profound post about how much my life has changed in the past year, and where I project it to go in the coming 360 days...but I'm much too busy and quite frankly, I just don't feel like it =) 2005 was a combination of stress, anxiety, joy, relief, desperation, confusion, simplicity, comfort, and chaos all wrapped up into one year. I can only expect 2006 will bring me much the same thing. And I look forward to every minute of it.

See the Rest of the Photos HERE!!!

No comments: