Friday, December 30, 2005

Congratulations Mrs. Haggerty =)

I just finished my first complete wedding, and I left with a tear in my eye. There is something so absolutely unforgettable about seeing a bride, hours before she walks down the isle to say "I do". The glow in her face, the love in her eyes, and the excitement running throughout her body is a moment I am thankful I am able to share in. Regardless of what happens in the coming years, for that moment she is completely in love. I get to share in that moment. It's beautiful.

Kasey was one of our first brides here in the store. In fact, she came in weeks before we officially opened the doors, purchasing her dress long before we had any sort of inventory system established. But she found "the one", and we were thrilled for her!

As the months went on, we saw Kasey more and more as she purchased her bridesmaids dresses from us, and finally her tuxedos. From the fittings to the phone calls I was able to share in one of the most important times in her life. Throught these 8 months I was able to watch her grow into a wife. From seeing her moments after her engagment as a frazzled college kid, to seeing her moments before she walked down the isle as a mature, sophisticated woman. I was able to share in it all.

As I arrived at St. Charles church today at 2:00 pm I opened the door to see Kasey standing before me, in the veil she purchased from my shop, smiling so brilliantly. We hugged instantly, did a little "I'm getting married" dance, then proceeded into the back room to get her dressed. After 15 minutes, her dress was laced, the bridesmaids were dressed, and the tuxedos were delievered. My part in her wedding was over.

We hugged goodbye one last time and I said "Goodbye Mrs. Haggerty" to which she began to tear up saying "Thank you for everything you've done. You've made it all absolutely wonderful". I wished I could stay, as we were invited to the wedding/reception, but I had to get back to work.

I left the church, shared a tear myself, and drove back to the store. She looked so beautiful, and she was so in love.

My first wedding is complete. I can't wait to do it again.

No comments: