Wednesday, September 14, 2005

FINALLY a phone call.

After graduation I was finding my job search to be very unsatisfying. Everywhere I applied wanted experience, not schooling. Sure the BA degree that I had was my first ticket in, but apparently the career training I had was not good enough. This is sort of why I ended up back in Wisconsin. But I kept my head high, and applied with hundreds of different companies, hoping just one would take a chance on me. I had no such luck.

But then today, at 4:23, I get a phone call.

Claire's Boutiques, headquartered in the Chicagoland area, had finally called me back and want to set up an interview with me. That only took what, 6 months? While my initial application there was refused almost immidatley, they must have kept my resume on file because a position has opened and they want to talk to me about it. ME!

I'm very excited.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!

So are you going on the interview? When is it and what's the position? Girl, you already have two jobs!

I'm glad you have a blog we can communicate on now. =) Not that we don't communicate via email and phone and in person but this is a BONUS.

Christi said...

haha I know I already have two jobs but if for some reason this Claire's thing works out, I probablyl wouldn't stay here at the Bridal salon, only help during buying season and what not. We'll see though.

She called me last night and left me a message to which I responded and left her a message as well. We're playing a bit of phone tag. I guess we'll see where it ends up