Friday, September 16, 2005

Cheers to Responsibilities

Laying in bed this morning, I had never yearned to be 13 as much as I did when the alarm rang at 6:00 am. Because when I was 13, I could have turned off my alarm, threw the covers up over my head, and begged my mom to let me stay home from school. After which we would then spend the day shopping and eating fast food until our stomaches ached with pain. My mom loved "sick days" from school...as did we.

But I couldn't do that this morning. When the alarm went off I had to pull myself out of bed, because there was nobody to call me in to the principal. I had to get in the shower while it was still dark, and I had to make the hour and a half trip to Dundee, IL this morning because if I didn't go, arrangements for my show would not be made.

I've never hated responsibility more.

I'm just exhausted. The jump from college classes and part-time jobs to 9 hour days and full-time jobs is quite the adjustment! Not to mention outside of my busy work schedule I try to maintain some sort of social life, and attempt to maintain a relationship. It sure doesn't leave much room for free time. Come to think of it, I can't really remember the last time I just sat down and did absolutley nothing. I'm starting to actually forget what my adorable apartment in Milwaukee looks like!! I'm not complaining though, I'm really not. I love being busy. Being productive is one of the most positive things I can do for myself. Add a smile to the mix and I'm one pretty happy girl on a regular basis. I'm just tired and more ready for the weekend than I have ever been.

I hope everyone has a fantastic weekend. Enjoy the cool weather!! It's about time Fall came =)

2 comments:

carmilevy said...

Responsibility is a heavy burden when you are first introduced to it. You get used to it eventually, but the carefreeness of youth is pretty much gone for good.

BTW, I'm randomly dropping in from Michele's and saying hi to everyone. It's my way of making folks smile on a quiet weekend.

I hope you have a great Saturday!

yellojkt said...

That school to career transition is rougher than it sounds. NEVER taking all summer off. Not getting to restart with all new bosses/teachers every five monthes. Having to be there on days you really don't want to be. Make sure you're doing what you want to be doing.

I had to give up a dog once because I had to move for a job. I mentioned it in the 100 Things About My Dog I finally got around to.