Wednesday, March 14, 2007

A Post, Not Necessarily About Daytona

The part I hate most about sitting down to write a blog post, is figuring out how to start it. The second thing I hate most about sitting down to write a blog post, is figuring out how to combine two weeks worth of experiences into a post that won’t bore the pants off of anyone reading it. So this is where I sit right now. No idea how to begin describing my two weeks in Daytona Beach, and no desire really to recap two weeks worth of happenings!

A friend of mine once wrote about how irritating her blog can become as it forces her to sit down and recap the experience she just had. At the time, I couldn’t understand how she wouldn’t be able to find joy in informing the world of her life, but as I sit here today – irritated – I am beginning to understand exactly what she was talking about.

I just don’t feel like doing it.

It’s easier to list off things that I loved about it: the ocean, the diversity, the really cool motorcycles, the free drinks all week; and it’s fun to recap the things that sucked about it: the rain, not seeing Katie, the male comments…but what good are random lists to someone who doesn’t know the story behind any of them.

So alas, my two weeks at Daytona Beach Bike Week will go undocumented, at least on this Weblog. I’ll post some pictures as soon as I have those all compiled and at that point, you can create your own story for my time there.

I’ll be back in a bit with a post about something a bit closer to home, and a bit more interesting to MOST people reading this blog…the Justin Timberlake concert. Now that is something I wouldn’t mind recapping over and over again.

I must go daydream now.

No comments: