Monday, April 17, 2006

Easter 2006

Another great weekend in the good old B-Town.

Katie was in town again this weekend for Easter, so the two of us headed out for another evening out in B-Town. John’s Main Event is becoming a major favorite of ours, especially considering my drink hookup there on Saturday nights =) We chatted amongst ourselves for the first hour and soon found ourselves immersed in a game of bar dice with a few high school classmates. I refused to play dice for money, and instead insisted on playing for shots. You can imagine the shape I was in after about 12 rounds of dice. Word of advice: DO NOT PLAY DICE FOR SHOTS. TAKE THE MONEY WHEN YOU CAN =)

The people of the bar began to filter out and head to the Blue Carpet, but Katie and I hung back a bit to listen to the songs she played on the Juke Box and chat a bit more with Steve. Around 1:30 we made our way to the Blue Carpet for a bit of dancing and by 2:00 I was far from done and needed to go home and sleep.

Sunday I awoke with quite the hangover but I tried to put on the best face I could for my mom’s family as they started to arrive around 12:00 for our Easter get together. It was a failed attempt though, and I ended up spending most of the day on the couch with my little cousins, watching movies. Once Madagascar was put in though, the rest of my mom’s family piled into the living room and we all curled up for the next hour and a half. It was a nice little bonding session over a ton of laughs. It’s a great movie!

Around 3:00 my aunt tried to motivate me, and so we took a trip to Adrian’s to treat the fam to a few quarts of their tasty custard. It was a great little outing and put my stomach over the edge. I was stuffed for the rest of the night. Between the ham and the potatoes, and the deserts, the custard…I was stuffed! I left my parents house around 7:00 and went right home to bed. I was exhausted and full =) The perfect way to sleep he he.

No comments: