Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Daily Update

I woke up this morning to a flat tire on the Cabby. Just frickin' great. On top of the flat tire, I have a break light that's out, and oil that needs to be changed. Just rack up the automotive bill. Lord knows I'm good for it! The good thing about knowing everyone in a small town is that the people are more than willing to go out of their way for you. So, thanks to the ever so generous boys at Lois Tire Shop, my car is being towed away from my parent's driveway at no extra charge to us and hopefully by the end of the day I'll have a fixed car, and a ride home to my deserted apartment.

I am of course here at the store again all day today, but I'm really looking forward to my day off tomorrow. I have intentions of shopping around the Brady street area, cleaning out my car, and finally getting to the DMV to update my license. Maybe I'll go get my hair cut/colored. It is after all about that time. I'm thinking red this time. I'm kind of excited for another drastic change =) I really should take the extra time to drive up to Madison to look at a few venues but another long drive just doesn't sound appealing to me, so I'm trusting internet pictures and recomendations from Madison area residents instead.

In the mean time, our Spring shipments are slowly coming in which I'm thrilled about! TONS of Prom dresses, TONS of Mother of the Day dresses, TONS of bridesmaids, a few more flower girls, and of course fabulous new bridal gowns. Oh and who can forget our new Victoria Lee, by Maggie Sottero, jewelry...FABULOUS! Needless to say I'm pretty busy updating inventory, merchandising the store, and getting everything put away where it's supposed to be. I also have to run to the printers and get my newsletter printed out for the store, return all these phone calls from event coordinators for my Madison show, and get the model lineup and show choreography started so that I have something to bring to my meeting with the hair and makeup crew...uy! Staying busy keeps me happy =)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, Christie, Michele sent me! Sounds like you love your job, that's awesome and important in the long run :-)

Anonymous said...

Hey Christi- I am Stacy, Monkey's friend. I live in the Madison area so if I could be any help to you, just met me know. I try and read your blog daily. Good luck with everything!

Christi said...

Thank you for the comment Stacy =) I may definitley take you up on that offer. Trying to plan an event in a city you're completely unfamiliar with is a lot harder than I imagined!! I think we're almost set on the Inn in the Park, Best Western maybe? It sounds like it'll be a good fit for us. I'll definitley need to utilize your Madison expertise though in the future. Be prepared he he.