Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Big Deep Breath...It's Over!

Hello blogging world! I know that I have been absent for a number of weeks, and I apologize profusely to those of you that have been eagerly awaiting a post of mine (i.e.: Heather and Erin), but when your only access to the internet is at work, it really hinders your opportunity to blog, especially when it’s super busy, as were the past two weeks!

Our Marketing Machine was running full speed ahead this month as our name was splattered everywhere in the city of Burlington, and its surrounding counties. Between our live television interview on Friday the 20th, our trunk show on the 21st, and our two fashion shows on the 22nd and the 29th , and lets not forget all the advertisement, Christy’s Bridal was a name not to be forgotten this month, and it definitely wasn’t.

When we got back to the store on Friday after the Fox 6 interview, a number of people had already called the store, wanting to book an appointment to view the fabulous Australian gowns they’ve heard so much about. We gladly took their appointments, and awaited the crazy busy day ahead of us on Saturday.

Saturday came and went, and while I was not able to be at the store (I had to be at Geneva National setting up the show, and hosting the dress rehearsal for the models), the girls worked their asses off selling 9 dresses and a whole tons of jewelry and head pieces/veils. I came back to the store around 6:30 when dress rehearsal was over to see my very ecstatic mom running around like crazy helping the last of the brides that remained in our store. At about 7:00 we locked up the doors, took a 3 second breather and began loading the store into the vans outside, it was time to prepare for the bridal fair.

The final dresses were loaded by 8:15 and by 8:30 we had arrived at Café Calamari in Delevan to meet the rest of our party for some fabulous seafood and amazing martinis. We sampled a bit of everything, had a few too many to drink, and soon decided that unloading the vans in our condition was not in our best interest, so we retreated to the hotel to play some euchre, have a few more cocktails, and unwind a bit more.

I awoke Sunday with a bit of a hangover, but there was no time for nursing. By 8:30 I was at Fusion going over final details with Jacquelin and by 9:00 I was at Geneva National doing final run thrus with my show sponsors.

It was chaos before the fashion show. Dresses weren’t in order, models were complaining, props weren’t in place, after all my hard work I panicked thinking this was not going to come together, and people were going to hate every second of this spectacle. Luckily I found the master dress list and discovered all the dresses were in fact at the venue, and I was able to put aside all the other minor problems that were arising to just enjoy the moment. I finished up the show script within moments of the show’s beginning and by 2:15, the opening music played and my models walked out looking fabulous and sophisticated!

There were a few mishaps in the show, of which I was only able to tell, and aside from the occasional lag on the runway, and the speed of which the models were running down it, the show was an overall success. With over 400 people in attendance, 150 of which stayed for the fashion show, I couldn’t have been more pleased. Afterwards I received a number of comments from attendees saying it was the best show they’ve ever been to and the dresses were just stunning! That made me feel like all the hard work was really worth it!

It was back to work on Monday but there was no time to rest as I had another fashion show to prepare for on Sunday the 29th as well. Prom time is here, and we kicked off the season with a Prom Fashion Show, enlisting a number of girls from the surrounding schools to help us in our Prom promotions, including the fashion show. By Saturday all the dress choreography and model fittings had been done, so I was able to spend the majority of the day at the Vet’s Building setting up the runway, the chairs, the covers, and the decorations. Who would have thought the Vet’s building could have looked so elegant.

The show on Sunday went wonderfully! We sold three dresses at the show and have a number of the girls coming back this week to make their final purchases. The girls did a fantastic job, and most of all they had fun doing it! I really can’t wait to do it again next year =)

Things have gotten back to normal here at the store. My mom and I have been spending the last couple of days getting the shop back in order after all of our shows these past few weeks. It’s been really nice having peace and quiet back in my life, and here at the store.

We still do have one more show to plan for, and in fact 17 of the models for that show came in yesterday to get fitted for their dresses (and I have 8 more coming in tonight), but luckily Catholic Central is taking care of all the details. My mom and I just have to show up with the dresses!

It’s amazing how much I have learned in the past few weeks, and it’s unbelievable how much I have obtained in such a short time for my portfolio! As time moves on I know I’ll just get better and better at doing all of this. I could see the improvement in just the two shows I have done! The future is only getting brighter =)


Amanda said...

A big congrats on all of your recent accomplishments - it sounds like things are going so well for you. I'm happy for you!!

Erin said...

YAY You finally posted! Thank you! You were missed. =)

Um, "models were complaing" - you don't mean me right? I mean, of course I hated my doggy hair and hooker makeup but I tried to not say anything around you because I knew you were stressed! You did a fab job!

I'm so happy for you and your mom!

Don't wait two weeks to post again, missy.

See you tonight!

Erin said...

That strapless pink dress with ruffles from the prom show is FABULOUS! I think I want to buy it for just because!

Erin said...

That strapless pink dress with ruffles from the prom show is FABULOUS! I think I want to buy it for just because!

Dave said...

There should be more pictures of me.

Christi said...

haha sorry Dave, I didn't have anyone at the show taking pictures for me so I had to work with I did have (the ones from my "fake" photographer) =)