Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Is This Thing On?

HI!!!!

Goodness. I think this is the longest I have gone without a blog update in a long time. I'm so sorry everyone (the few of you who faithfully read this). I HONESTLY am trying not to be such a stranger, and I clearly made a false promise to all of you a few posts ago in which I said I would be on more often. In my absence, I have proved that I lied.

I'm sorry.

To be perfectly honest though, you haven't missed much in my life. I promise. The new job is going great. I'm busy learning the industry and busy finding my place in the company. It's going to take a little bit to get my bearings around there, but I'm confident that I'll find them soon. I do miss Harley daily, but at least I still get to see some of my favorite people from there every now and then. I even still maintain regular contact with a few of my managers so I don't feel as though I'm completely removed from the company.

Hmmm...what else. Nothing. Sad right? As I get older, I'm finding my life to be more and more repetitive. Which I'm okay with. As I get older I'm also finding the need for my life to be more and more structured. It's less stressful for me that way =)

I'm excited about the upcoming Holiday weekend though (Aren't most of us?!). I have plans to head out with one of my managers from Harley on Wednesday and then probably out with some friends that evening (it IS the biggest drinking night of the year. I may be old, but I still like to go out every now and then!). Thursday is Thanksgiving, and then the weekend! Nothing big planned for the weekend. I need to get some laundry done (lame), clean my apartment (double lame), and hopefully head out with my friend Katie at some point (hooray!). And that's, that.

Please know that my effort is noble in trying to update this blog. In fact, I have a list of topics I want to blog about sitting in my email just waiting for their grand entrance onto babysteppingmyway. Hopefully with all my down town this week, I'll get to some of them!!!

Until then, Happy Holidays everyone. Eat tons and tons of food...because we can. That's what's great about this holiday, and we should be very thankful for that.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome back! I seriously missed your posts, Christi! But it sounds like things are going well on your end. Like you mentioned, it's weird getting older and finding your life kind of calming down and turning into a routine. I'm still adjusting to that.

Anyways, have a happy Thanksgiving and enjoy the long weekend!

Christi said...

Thanks Karen!!!

Erin said...

Happy Thanksgiving!

Sarah said...

I missed your blog. Glad to see you're back!